Search

Friday, July 31, 2009

Paris, Not France


The only rule is don't be boring.

~Paris Hilton, Confessions of an Heiress

I have never liked Paris Hilton. She's thin and blond and rich. She is like Barbie in real like and isn't it funny how when you were little all you wanted was Barbie to be real and yet we all harbor hatred toward Paris? She bounces around being all thing and adorable in clothes we will never ever be able to afford. She's the most popular girl in high school in the world.

But I want to like her. I have always wanted to like Paris Hilton. I have always looked for a reason to like her. I tried her perfume, I watch shows when she is guest appearing. It all made me dislike her more. I watched two episodes of the Simple Life (and by the way Fox, I want those brain cells back) but nothing helped. Until MTV's Documentary "Paris, Not France".

I have to admit that I feel like an idiot for not realizing it sooner but Paris Hilton is not a moron. Far far from it. She is a business women and an awesome one at that. Sure she started out rich but she has taken her image and created a marketable brand based off her party girl persona. Any way you slice it that is pretty amazing. Paris, Not France gives you a glimpse of the real Paris Hilton. While I don't know how the rest of the world is going to take that, I loved it. I finally have a reason to like and dare I say admire Paris Hilton. That's hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment