Sunday, May 31, 2009
Interesting facts as I see fit to share them:
1) Someone has decided to make a new Buffy the Vampire slayer movie without Joss Weldon. Ready, set, FAIL!
2) Melissa Joan Hart gained weight while she was pregnant, then she lost it. AMAZING!
3) Kimora Lee Simmons gave birth to that baby she would neither confirm nor deny she was pregnant with. It was a boy.
4) Susan Boyle did not win Britains got Talent. Apparently Second place is the new first.
5) Jon and Kate plus 8 plus marriage problems, plus child labor investigations...ugh!
6) Indian authorities demolished the Shanty homes of the two young Slum Dog stores but did not demolish them a second time because that would just be mean.
7) Octo Mom signed a deal for a TV show, At least she cant ruin her marriage.
8) The trailer for Drag me to Hell scares the poop out of me but its a dark comedy. (insert question mark here)
9) After 17 years, Jay Leno past the torch as host of the Tonight show. (Insert tear)
10) CONAN O-BRIAN!!!
Friday, May 29, 2009
Ok for real though, this is just out of control now...
TLC Has No Problem Milking Jon, Kate and Their 8By Josh Grossberg Wed May 27, 3:51 PM PDT
Jon & Kate Plus 8 plus a record 9.8 million equals no regrets.
That's the word from the suits at TLC, who have apparently no problem milking Jon and Kate Gosselin's alleged marital misadventures for all they're worth.
"The show's ratings have grown consistently, as there has been interest in these real-life issues of this real-life family," TLC said in a statement. "We will continue to air as the interest continues, and the family wants to do it."
In the wake of the monster season premiere Monday—the most-watched program of any channel on Memorial Day and the best ratings ever for TLC—and perhaps knowing that this could be the season, the network also confirmed that there would be a whopping 40 episodes, double the previous season order.
Because since the kids lives are petty much ruined anyway, we might at least make money off of the downfall.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
I cannot express how excited I am for the second season of True Blood. I must admit that at first I was hesitant about this series which follows Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) and her Vampire lover Bill(Stephen Moyer). I read the first book in the series that True Blood is based on before seeing the show, a mistake I will NOT repeate for season two. The books are crap but Alan Ball has taken the concept of an alternate reality where Vampires cohabitate the earth along with humans and created an award winning series. I would like to personally thank Alan Ball for leaving out the part about Vampire Elivs (Dont ask). I also have to give props to Anna Paquin who I cant stand and who has shocked me by becomming an acceptable heroin.
I must admit that what I love most about True Blood are the sub plots. Tara and Sams rocky non-relationship, Jasons sex and blood addictions which almost landed him in jail but instead led him to the Church of the Sun. Erics obsession with Sookie and her "special" abilities. Indeed the first season did leave us wanting more and this second season promises to deliver with more of Bills back story: His sire shows up and he has to deal with baby Vamp, Jessica. Sam dealing with the mysterious and totally not human Maryann. I am still holding out hope that Lafayette will return a little vamped up. He was my favoriet character last season and I would hate to see him truely dead. All in all this season is promising to provide something to appease the dead and living alike.
Season 2 premires June 14th at 9PM. If you need a little bit to tide you over till then season 1 is availble on DVD or you can catch the entire past season for free on HBO on demand.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Totally upsetting but sounding too true to be ignored. It has be reported by several outlets that Pine is diddling Audrina from "The Hills". Its been reported that the two have been spending alot of time together and that Audrina has been seen leaving his apartment building. (That was the sound of my heart just breaking) Hopefully this turns out to be nothing. I still hold out hope for a Chris Pine, Anne Hathaway romance. I would call them "Pineaway"....Yeah Ill work on the name.
I dont watch American Idol. I don't like American Idol. To me Idol is not good quality Television. But since everyone else seems to be in love with this show I will comment once, and ONLY once and then never talk about it again.
If I did watch Idol and me and everyone I knew voted and wanted one guy and then that one guy lost and no one understood why. I would demand a re-count. That's all I have to say.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
I have just finished watching the first episode of Glee on Fox. It is crazy good. Its fun and perky and they sing! Fox gave us a sneak peek of Glee which will be part of its fall line up and boy I cannot wait. Check out the episode at Fox.com and if you love it as much as I did you can download the songs on I-tunes. Enjoy the cheesy-ness!!!
Monday, May 18, 2009
Bradley Cooper Accidentally Confirms Himself For ‘A-Team’
You gotta love when actors unwittingly confirm rumors during press junkets. This time it’s Bradley Cooper, who may have accidentally revealed to the guys at IESB.net that he is indeed set to play the handsome con artist “Faceman” in 20th Century Fox’s film adaptation of “The A-Team.” When asked, rather insidiously, if the actor was excited for the role, Cooper responded, “That’s out already?”
Of course, the casting news is not officially out, but Cooper must have been thrown off by the fact that most journalists at the junket for “The Hangover” were trying to get him to admit to signing on to star in “The Green Lantern.” Or, after so many denials, he just wanted to be able to excitedly substantiate something. He even continued talking about the film, enthusiastically stating that Joe Carnahan is going to “make a great movie out of it.”
Friday, May 15, 2009
1) IZZY IS DEAD!!! In a completely un-surprising turn of events Izzy Stevens of Greys kicked the bucket. What can we all learn from this? Do not piss off the Powers that Be at Greys Anatomy or they WILL KILL YOU!
2) Kate Gosselin is the devil. You all were right and I was wrong. There, I said it. Lets move on.
3) Kim Kardashians step father, Bruce Jenner revealed his new face to the world... and no one cared.
4) That guy from Survivor got out of prison...and no one cared.
5) Chris Pine is offically out of the running for the Green Lanturn and I'm pissed off.
6) Holly Madison (ex of Hugh Heffner) is dating Russell Brand, I'm going to call them HollyBrand.
7) Its rumored that Natalie Portman and Sean Penn are an item. I demand a male term for cougar!
8) Pink and Carey Heart are back together, looks like that "theraputic album" was a huge waste of time.
9) I saw Mickey Rouke on the street and I lived to tell the tale.
10) Emimen insulted Mariah Carey in his new single which would have been huge news 10 years ago.
All in all its been a pretty boring week to be honest.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
I would like to think I am not the type of girl who becomes a crazy celebrity stalker but when Chris Pine paid a surprise visit to SNL tonight I had to take a minute and fight the urge to run out side and hunt him down. He is and has been for the past 3 years my favorite guy in Hollywood. Along with Zachary Quinto, Pine showed up on SNLs Weekend Update to beg that Hardcore Star Trek fans stop throwing rocks at his windows, cause they are scratching the glass.(They werent throwing very hard, cause they are geeks. Get it?)
If you missed SNL this week, check out what you can on Hulu or SNL.com, This has been the best ep in a long time. And I'm not just saying that because Chris Pine was there.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
A new comedy called "The Baster" has been filming in my neighborhood for the past three weeks. Even though they are mostly filming on Riverside, all the trailers are parked on Broadway including Jason Batemans trailers right on my block. I have also have seen Patrick Wilson walking to his trailer. IMDB has him listed as rumored to be in this movie. I guess I just confirmed it! I find it interesting how they attempt to hide who is in which trailer. Batemans is listed as Wally, his characters name and so is Wilsons. In an effort to hide Jennifer Anistons trailer they have left it blank. Which means if you walk around with a cast list you will find everyone accounted for and duduce that they black trailer is hers. Its parked across the street next to my diner.
Apperntly Jeff Goldblume is in this movie too but I have not seen him yet. The Baster is a Comedy about a women who decided to artifically inseminate herself ... with a turkey baster in order to have a baby. (Does that freak you out a little?) 7 years later she finds out that her best friend, (Bateman) switched the doner sperm with his. You can almost spell the failure comming off this movie. Oh and P.S. Bateman does not turn his light off when he leaves his trailer. Way to care about the enviorment.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Its been a full day of movie and entertainment news. Here's a run down of everything I think you need to know...
1) Marvel announced that not only will Hugh Jackman star in a Wolverine sequel but Dead Pool (played by Ryan Reynolds) will get his own movie as well. Any movie that features Reynolds shirtless is worth $12 in my book.
2) Star Trek opens TOMORROW, not Friday. And has also been green lit for two more sequels. Early reviews are positive.
3) Bradley Cooper, (Wedding crashers) might be dueling Chris Pine out for the role of Hal Jordan A.K.A The Green Lantern. Sorry Brad but Chris has my vote. Though I can say I cant wait to see Brad in this summers, "The Hangover" The trailer looks hilarious!
4) Jon Gosslin in an exclusive statement to People.com swears he didn't cheat on Kate but admits showing poor judgment in terms of his social activities. I'm playing the sucker and believing him.
5) Kirsty Alley complained about her sex life and publicly asked Jamie Foxx for a quicky...Yes I just threw up a little also.
6) Kiefer Sutherland will be charged with assault for headbutting a fashion designer because Kiefer is hardcore like that.
7) I have no idea whats happening on American Idol because I have a life.
8) Hayden Panettiere joined Bristol Palin in raising awareness of teen pregnancy, yesterday she was photographed hand in hand with her married 42 year old co-star, you know, the one that plays here father. Yeah, we should listen to her.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
There are very few people who can say they were Brad Pitt fans before his role in Thelma And Louise. There are fewer people who can remember anything Ryan Gosling did before The Notebook. But in just 3 DAYS when the world finally meets Chris Pine as Captain James Kirk I will finally no longer have to explain to people who Chris Pine is. Chris Pine has been the object of my obsession for 3 years, ever since he stole my heart with his monologue in Smoking Aces. Unrecognizable as a gun toting, balls out insane red-neck name Darwin Tremor, sporting what is truly a historical accent, Pine shoots and kills Ben Affleck and then proceeds to have a conversation with his corps. This moment in my mind solidified Pine as remarkable. And since then I have watched his career closely and laid in wait for the rest of the world to catch up.
Of course Smokin’ Aces was not the first film for Pine. Before slaying Affleck, Pine had won the hearts of tween girls opposite Anne Hathaway in Princess Diaries 2. Interestingly enough I didn’t like Pine in this movie. In fact, I thought for a long time that Mia (Anne Hathaway) should have ended up with the other guy. Then one day I checked the deleted scenes from the movie and found a wonderful and wrongfully un-used clip of Chris Pine doing impersonations of different suitors. What I love about Chris Pine is that you are drawn in by the packaging, a tall beautiful representation of a man and then his shear talent bites you. Pine is undeniably brilliant and despite his handsome exterior is very versatile. He can be both the prince of your dreams or your worse nightmare.
In between PD2 and Aces, Pine played opposite Lindsey Lohan in the totally forgettable Just my Luck. There is no point to EVER see this movie. Pine is grossly under –utilized in this film and what’s more, he looks sick. So much emphasis is placed on Lohan that Chris Pine looks like a ghost neck to the cheeto glow of Lohan ( Though we might all look pasty next to Lohan.) The one positive thing is the physical comedy exhibited by Pine again convincing me of his potential.
Apparently J.J. Abrams and I have similar trains of thought. Although both Mike Vogel and Joshua Jackson auditioned for the role of Kirk, Abrams saw something in Pine. What is surprising is that Pine almost turned it down to star in another film. Had it not been at the encouragement from his sister we might be watching Pacey Winter boldly go where no man has gone before. Along with other personal favs, Zachary Quinto, ( You know him from Heroes, I know him from VH1s short lived So Notorious) and John Cho, the man who first uttered the term "MILF", This is only the begging for Pine and I couldn’t be happier.
As everyone knows, or is about to find out, I am a huge Jon and Kate Plus 8 fan. So of course people have been asking me what I think of the whole Jon cheating scandal hoopla (is that how you spell that word?) So here are my thoughts and after this I will never speak about it again. Unless Jon does something else...
Mollies thoughts on Jon and Kate plus a whole bag of Drama:
1) Jon is young. People forget that Jon is only like 33 years old. Which means he has been a father and an adult pretty much since 26( forgive my math skills) so it is completely acceptable if he chooses to cut loose every once and a while. Cut him some slack.
2) Being a reality TV star sucks. Everyone knows who you are and that gets old really fast. And everyone has an opinion on your life AND how you raise your kids. Jon addressed this in the season Finale and said he was unhappy and uncomfortable with all the publicity. It seems to me that he wants to quit and Kate wants to keep going.
3) Just because a guy is married does not mean he can't have female friends or a life. Jon has said on several different episodes that he is a extrovert while Kate has said she is an introvert. Here is the definition of an extrovert personality by about.com
"Definition: Most people believe that an extrovert is a person who is friendly and outgoing. While that may be true, that is not the true meaning of extroversion. Basically, an extrovert is a person who is energized by being around other people. This is the opposite of an introvert who is energized by being alone."
So he likes being around people. He likes to party. Whatever, he's a 30-something year old dude. Its annoying that people chide him for acting as one.
So here is what I think, anyone who wants to judge two people raising 8 kids under the age of 10 unless your Angelina or Octo-mom needs to stuff it. None of us can imagine the pressure of the situation so really. Lets all lay off and leave them alone. We all know Jon has likely already had his ass handed to him by Kate so lets all just cut him some slack. As for the show, although I would hate to see the show end, if Jon is unhappy then I think its only right that the show should end. Yup, that's all I have to say about that.
P.S. I have just come across this new blog that has an article about the women Jon was with. If you really need more info. Take a look. http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/category/jon-gosselin/